NEW CAR WARRANTY POLICY
All Hyundai vehicles sold by Hyundai Motor (Thailand) Co., Ltd. and its authorized dealers is backed by a product warranty covering the cost of parts and labor required to rectify your vehicle back to normal working condition. Additional details may be found in documentation provided in your vehicle or you may contact your nearest Hyundai dealer.
OBTAINING SERVICE UNDER WARRANTY
Warranty service will be provided by an Authorized Hyundai Dealer free of charge inclusive of parts or labor. This warranty does not apply to warranty service performed by third party entities.
JUDGMENT OF WARRANTY CLAIMS
Hyundai Motor (Thailand) Co., Ltd. reserves the right to make the final decision for all warranty claims.
Any component except the items specified hereafter of your new Hyundai vehicle is covered for a period of 36 months from the date of original retail delivery or 100,000 km., whichever comes first.
For H-1 and Grand Starex model year 2020 (MC20)
is covered for a period of 60 months from the date of original retail delivery or 150,000 km., whichever comes first.
See more details of the spare parts covered and the additional warranty terms here CLICK
12V BATTERY WARRANTY
Original equipped battery charge and/or replacement are/is covered for 12 months from the date of original retail delivery or 20,000 km., whichever comes first.
HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY
The Lithium-ion Polymer high voltage battery in your Hyundai electric vehicle is covered for a period of 8 years and unlimited mileage. (For IONIQ electric)
AIR CONDITIONER REFRIGERANT CHARGE
Air conditioner refrigerant charge is covered for 6 months or 10,000 km. from the date of original retail delivery.
Paint and surface corrosion warranty covers paint defects and/or corrosion other than perforation, such as cosmetic or surface corrosion due to defects in paint material or workmanship, for a period of 12 months from the date of original retail delivery or 20,000 km., whichever comes first.
Tires originally equipped on Hyundai vehicles are warranted by their respective manufacturer. If an original tire on your Hyundai vehicle has a defect in material or workmanship, please contact the tire manufacturer or ask your authorized Hyundai dealer for assistance.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
Repair or replacement of any component originally manufactured by Hyundai that is found to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use and maintenance.
- The owner is responsible for the proper use, maintenance and care of your vehicle in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner’s manual. If your vehicle is subject to use under severe driving conditions, you should follow the maintenance requirements specified accordingly in your owner’s manual.
- Retain maintenance service records. It may be necessary for you to show that this required maintenance has been performed, as specified in the owner’s manual.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
- Normal maintenance service:
Including checking, tightening, adjusting, engine tune-ups, fuel system adjustment, wheel balancing, cleaning, lubrication, oil changes, replenishment of fuel, engine oil, transaxle fluid, brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid, battery electrolyte, anti-freeze fluid, coolant, windshield washer fluid, air-conditioner refrigerant, and tire rotation.
- Normal deterioration or wear of any part:
- Spark plugs
- Worn brake pads / linings / discs
- Worn clutch linings / discs
- Wiper Blades
- Bulbs and Fuses
- Other wear and consumable items
- Damage or Failure resulting from:
- Negligence of proper maintenance as required in the owner’s manual
- Misuse, abuse, overload, accident, theft, flooding or fire
- Use of improper or insufficient fuel, fluids or lubricants
- Use of parts other than Hyundai Genuine Parts
- Any device and/or accessories not supplied by Hyundai
- Incident or consequential damages: such as fuel, telephone, travel, loading inconvenience, commercial and/or personal loss of use of the vehicle
- Extra expenses: Any economic loss including (without limitation) payment for the loss of time or pay, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use, vehicle rental expense, lodging bills, food, other travel costs, storage charges, and other incidental or consequential loss or damage
- Any vehicle where the odometer mileage has been altered
- Airborne fallout, industrial fall-out, acid rain, salt, hail and windstorms, or other acts of god
- Paint scratched, dents, or similar paint or body damage
- Action of road element (sand, gravel, dust or road debris) which results in stone chipping of paint and glass
HYUNDAI GENUINE PARTS WARRANTY
- Over the counter part purchases
If the Hyundai Genuine Part is:
not used for the warranty repair of a Hyundai vehicle; or is used for the warranty repair of a Hyundai vehicle but the warranty repair is not accepted and authorized by Hyundai as a valid Hyundai vehicle warranty claim, then the applicable warranty period for that Hyundai Genuine Part is 12 months or 20,000 kilometers from the date of purchase, whichever comes first.
- Hyundai vehicle warranty repair
If the Hyundai Genuine Part is used for the warranty repair of a Hyundai vehicle and the warranty repair is accepted and authorized by Hyundai as a valid Hyundai vehicle warranty claim, then the applicable warranty period for that Hyundai Genuine Part is the period commencing from the date of fitment of the Hyundai Genuine Part until expiry of the relevant Hyundai vehicle’s warranty period.